Students have the opportunity to qualify for National Honor Society and/or California Scholarship Federation with each semester's final grades. If a student meets the membership requirements with their grades, they should complete their membership before the announced deadline the following semester (February for fall grades, September of the following year for spring grades).
In addition, National Honor Society has a community service component which is fulfilled by showing a previous history of community service (on record with the College & Career Center) from the semester the student is applying for. If a student has not yet completed community service, they may fill out the NHS form (back side). For this alternate community service option, the hours should be performed during the semester the student qualifies (hours should be done in the fall semester for fall semester grades, and spring semester hours may be done during the spring semester or summer). Alternate community service must meet the same guidelines stated on the community service form.
What are the benefits of Life Membership?
1. Membership in NHS and Seal Bearer status in CSF is listed in the graduation commencement program and by the cords worn during graduation.
2. NHS members and CSF Seal Bearers are indicated on their permanent record cards, college recommendations, and diploma.
3. Life members are eligible for many prestigious CSF and NHS scholarships.
What does the $3.00 registration fee pay for?
1. Honor cords for graduation (for Life Members only).
2. Gold seals for diplomas (for CSF Seal Bearers only).
3. State and National membership dues.
For more information about these programs, please follow these links: